Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Your Life is in Your Hands and You Don't Even Know It
I remember the day when my life bled through my hands
I remember the day they stood there and watched me die
How can I forget it?
The crying
The twisted faces
I remember it all
The feeling of my stomach twisting in on itself
Like it was made out of rope
Muscles no longer exist
They have atrophied into a tangled mess
I remember the day you lost faith
I remember the day that you looked at me in anger
Selfish was not a strong enough word
Tears were not a strong enough acid
I can not forget any of it
It haunts me at night and chases away sleep
Like it is something that is found in the wind
Peaceful nights no longer exist
They have dissolved away into tormented lucidity
I remember the day that you told me I have everything
And I remember throwing it all away

No comments: