Saturday, August 07, 2004

This is the End

Today, my life as a full-time employee for Wherehouse Music comes to a close. I will miss my friends there and being surronded by music all day dearly. I will not, however, miss working retail. No more stupid corporate rules taht make no sense, no more uppity customers, no more black polo shirts. Good riddance I say. It will feel weird not going into that store 5 times a week (it already feels weird to not have my store keys), but it's something I'll get used to. I was always afraid that I would fall in the trap of working retail for life, because, admittedly, it would be an easy thing to do. Thank god that's not the case with me. I start my new job on Tuesday, and I'm stoked, and a little nervous. Until then, you can find me on my balcony, drinking a beer.

Cheers.

No comments: