Saturday, August 14, 2004

New job Update

So I realized that I've worked 4 nights at my new job and I haven't posted about it. It's going well so far. One of the things I hate about new jobs (especially jobs where you start from scratch on the knowledge level) is that I feel completly useless. This is all self imposed; obviously, my new co-workers aren't going to expect me to be too helpful in my first week or so, but I still feel like a bump on a log. But it has been fun so far. It's kind of hard, because I see a lot of cats and dogs in pain (I've already seen one cat die), but that's made easier by the fact that I'm doing something to help them (even if it is just sticking a thermometer up their butt). So yeah, it's fun, and I do feel like I'm catching on fairly quick. It has been really slow there lately, so that's helping ease me into the new surrondings.

As for my other job, one of my regular customers gave me a bottle of champagne. Rock. And I'm going to be making $8.50 an hour there, which isn't bad, but it kind of sucks that I couldn't keep my old pay rate. I didn't expect to, though.

We have a new addition to our household again. We got a kitty named Orion. He's a gray tabby, and cute as hell. He's a little shy, and still gets a little scared around us every once in awhile (and hisses sometimes too!), but he's getting better.

Okay, I'm tired, and I smell like dog. Time for bed.

No comments: