Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Playing Hooky

I'm staying home from work tonight, cause I feel like crap. Truly. I'm not just saying that to get out of work. I got car sick today...when I was driving. That's never happened to me before. So I'm chillin' tonight.

For those of you that don't know, I have Tivo. I love it. The only thing I don't like so far is the Tivo suggestions, it's a good idea, and it may not be working well for me because I haven't rated enough shows, but it's being funky. First, it keeps recording the same shows over and over. Spongebob is an example. Second, it seems to think that I love Nickelodeon (sp?) cartoons, since it's recorded every single cartoon on that station. This is probably my fault, since I watch ATHF, Sealab, Simpsons and Home Movies religiously. Thirdly, there's no way to tell it to not record things. Family Guy is an example. It's one of my favorite shows, but I own the DVDs and have seen each one a million times, so I would rather it look for other things to record. The weirdest thing that's in done by far happened yesterday. It recorded a nightly news broadcast show from the Arabic station. I don't know exactly what shows that I've rated/Tivo-ed to warrent this suggestion...apparently an unhealthy obssession with Seinfeld gives me a procleavity (is that the right word?) to enjoy foreign news shows. Go figure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, dude. My bad. I've been hacking your TiVo to record random shit. I passed it a word list and it records things is any of the words match any of the titles or descriptions. Some examples:

midget
tossing
clowns
Chucky
Emeril
sedan
prosciutto

Anyway. Enjoy what it records!

-Matt