Friday, October 15, 2004

One Foot in Front of the Other

We went to see Bright Eyes the other night. I was a good show, but probably my least favorite of the times I've seen him. He played with M Ward and Jim James of My Morning Jacket, and it was set up so they played togethehr a lot (including an interesting version of 'You Were Always on My Mind'), so Conor actually only played about five of his own songs, so it kind of sucked in that regard. He did play about 4 new songs, which was very cool. I do wish that he would stop bringing Mike Mogis along, however. Mike, you're a great producer and have done a great job with the Saddle Creek bands, but for God's sake, enough with the steel guitar!. It seems like they're forcing the instrument into every song, using it for the sake of using it instead of using it because it adds to the song. It was a fun night though, and I think Steph was grateful to get out and spend some time with friends (Larissa and Elle came along).

We got a new TV a week ago. It's nice. 27" flat screen. So much better than the crappy 19" we had. We're watching Ringu on it right now :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay. A few things, here.

1) Conor has always sucked ("Those are Loverboy lyrics, Ur. And Loverboy has always sucked"). Mostly 'cause I just don't care much for folkish music nor Nebraskans.

2) Steel guitar only rocks if Johnny Cash is using it. Otherwise, it's dumbed than a tent post on a popsicle stand (Google this aphorism).

3) Dude, what the crap is wrong with you? You _do_ remember we already rented Ringu and already decided it sucked. Lack of subtitles (or, rather, lack of _readable_ subtitles) aside, it just wasn't creepy.

4) I saw Team America and it had a trailer for Ring 2. Holy crap. It looks scary.

5) Your cat smells.

Love,
Matt

thatbeernerd said...

1)Conor didn't suck, and in my opnion, never did.

2)Word to Johnny

3)I didn't think Ringu sucked, but stacked up to the higher budget American version, it didn't have as much of an effect, psychologically.

4)My cat smells even worse now. Refer to the next post.