Saturday, October 23, 2004

Grease Monkey

I take certain things in life for granted. One of them is the fact that when I get in my car, my car will start. Well, today, it didn't. I'll kill the suspense by telling you that my battery died (Batty the Battery: 1998-2004). But at first I was freaked out that it was my alternator, because I didn't leave my lights on or anything, and at that point, it hadn't occurred to me that it was a 6 year old battery. The bad thing was that I live somewhat in the middle of nowhere, with no auto parts store within walking distance, so I had to call Steph to come jump my car so I could drive to one. Then of course I had to change the battery in the parking lot. This caused me to not be able to go to my first job. It did, on the bright side, allow me to watch an episode of Sealab 2021. That was pretty much it for my day.

Oh yeah. And I got shit on at work. And I mean that literally.

If you haven't seen Jon Stewart's appearance on Crossfire, you've got to check it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I shit on you all the time.

-Matt