Saturday, August 02, 2003

People are really, amazingly dumb -or- I am never ever going back to Fairfax

So let me tell you about last night. Last night I went to see Tim of Mother Hips' fame in Fairfax. I went with Jeff, my co-worker. Jeff was totally full of energy and crazy, so hence I became very full of energy and crazy. I don't think the two of us have ever been crazier. Anyway, we get to the club (which is a pretty nice, small club), and the drunken craziness begins. The second I step in, and I mean the very second I step in, some drunk lady walks up to me and asks me if I know that I have to pay to get in. I let her know that I am aware of the fact. She says, "Isn't that unbelievable?" I nod my head in agreement, not wanting to upset the scary drunk woman. She seems satisfied and walks away. Okay. I pay and am in. Jeff and I walk to the back and comment on how small the place is. I go back to the doors to ask if any bands had played yet. After I find out that one had already played, I turn around, and this really cute girl starts talking to me. I get the feeling that the only reason she is talking to me and flirting with me is because she's trying to get me to buy the first bands cd (she was working the table). I ask her what they sound like. She says a little bit of Zepplin and AC/DC. I immediately decide that even though she is cute, I am not going to buy the cd. So I felt a little down that the only reason that she was talking to me was because she was trying to push a shitty cd on me. But that's not the point. The point is is that I was actually able to flirt back and have a somewhat intelligent conversation with her. So I was stoked. So we watched the second band. They sucked. The bassist pissed me off because he was wearing a stupid Dire Straits bandana and he was playing a headless bass, which I hate for some unexplainable reason. Right about the middle of their set I had my second run in with a drunk person. He was evidently the photographer for the club and he was very, very inebriated. He asks me how the hell is he supposed to photograph them when they suck so hard. I agree with him, again not wanting to anger the scary drunken stranger. So he goes wondering off (the dude was pacing the club all night). A couple minutes later, he comes back, says something to me, turns around and runs into our table, knocking my glass off. It of course shatters on the dance floor (thank god I had already drank all of the life giving beer). He wanders off to get someone to clean it up, and I just put my head in my hands, shaking it, wondering how I became a drunk magnent all of a sudden. After that, thet rest of the night was pretty normal. Tim ruled, and he looks like my dad would look if he were a skinny surfer boy. Weird. And I met Jeff's friend Bunky, whose friend is dating Chad from New Found Glory. Strange.

My hand hurts. Jay is going to be phone buddies with me. God I'm so pathetic.

No comments: