Monday, August 25, 2003

I've been feeling the urge lately to isolate myself. Guess there's a lot of things that I just don't want to deal with right now. I'm trying my best to fight that urge though. I think I've been doing a pretty good job so far. I know that isolating myself will just make me feel worse than I do right now. It just seems like things are crazy right now. The wife of one of my dad's best friend's tried to commit suicide the other night. I didn't realize it until a couple of minutes ago, but it's really bothering me, and I don't really know why. Sure, it's a horrible thing, but I don't even really know her that well. I know her husband more than her, but I still don't know him that well. And yet this is really bothering me. Maybe it's because I see it as a confirmation that things really are going insane. Maybe it unsettles me because I used to feel that way, and it scares me that one day I may feel that way again. I don't know. I just want to feel happy again. I don't have to work again til 5 pm on Tuesday, so maybe the down time between now and then will help me grasp a hold of things and give me time to rest, cause I haven't been sleeping that much lately. I'm hoping that will help.

No comments: