Thursday, September 18, 2003

About Those Bitter Songs You Sing....

*looks around*....wow....been awhile since I've been here. Hope I still have some sort of a ragtag group of people reading this thing. If not...oh well. So let's see...what's new. I'm a Mac user now (well, at least I will be, once my laptop gets here). I may be going to Argentina in December to search for dinosaur bones. Ow. I just poked myself in the eye...Saw the Weakerthans last night. They were really good. John was happy the whole night. And they played my favorite song. Rocking. I think that's about it. I need to go to sleep. I just did my biometry homework and now my head hurts. Oh, and as for those bitter songs...."they're not helping anything. They won't make you strong."

"How I don't know how to sing. I can barely play this thing. But you never seem to mind, and you tell me to fuck off when I need somebody to. How you make me laugh so hard. How whole years refuse to stay where we told them to, bad dog, locked up whining in a word or a misplaced souvenir. How the past chews on your shoes, and these memories lick my ear. How we waste our precious time marching in the picket lines that surrond those striking hearts. How the time is never now, and we know who we should love, but we're never certain how. I know you might roll your eyes at this, but I'm so glad that you exist."

Weakerthans "Reasons"

Hell yeah

No comments: